Book Name:Shaitan kay baaz hathyar
offered in the presence of people.’ (Jam’-ul-Jawāmi’, vol. 5, pp. 83, Ḥadīš 13620)
3. A saint has stated, ‘Sincerity even for a moment is the means of eternal salvation but sincerity is very rarely found.’ (Iḥyā-ul-‘Ulūm, vol. 5, pp. 106)
4. Sayyidunā Khawāṣ رَحْمَةُ الـلّٰـهِ تَعَالٰی عَـلَيْه has stated, ‘The person drinking the beverage of statehood (i.e. authority and ascendancy over others) remains deprived of performing worship with sincerity.’ (ibid, pp. 110)
5. Sayyidunā Fuḍayl رَحْمَةُ اللهِ تَعَالٰی عَلَيْه has stated, ‘To leave a deed for the sake of the people is ostentation and to perform the deed to impress people is minor polytheism.’ (ibid, pp. 110)
Three bestowments and three deprivations
Some saints have stated, ‘When Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ dislikes a person, He عَزَّوَجَلَّ bestows three things upon him but deprives him of three other things:
1. Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ blesses him with the company of the pious, but deprives him of taking any advice from them.
2. Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ enables him to perform virtuous deeds but deprives him of sincerity.
3. Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ bestows wisdom upon him but deprives him of truthfulness in it. (ibid, pp. 106)