Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables
Muhammad Ijaz Nawaz Attari Madani
Translated by: Translation Department of Dawat-e-Islami
White pumpkin is a well-known vegetable which the Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم enjoyed. He صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would eat it with great liking, remarking, “When cooking a meal, add a lot of white pumpkin as it strengthens the sad heart.” It is a nutritious vegetable with many benefits, including:
1. Cooked as a curry on low heat, it is a rich source of iron, calcium, potassium, vitamins A and vitamin B, and mineral salts.
2. Beneficial for relief from heartburn.
3. Combined with lentils, it is an effective treatment for chronic constipation and fatigue.
4. It strengthens the memory and removes all types of swelling in the brain.
5. Applying white pumpkin pulp to scorpion stings and drinking its juice removes the effects of venom.
6. Applying finely ground white pumpkin pulp to the forehead can help reduce headaches.
7. Eating pieces of white pumpkin regularly is beneficial for those with liver diseases.
8. Drinking white pumpkin water is beneficial for urinary incontinence and irritation.
Apples are considered “nutritional powerhouses” that pack a lot of energy and benefits such as:
1. Apples bring joy to the heart and mind.
2. Strengthen the heart and relieve anxiety.
3. Apples produce blood and brighten the complexion of the skin.
4. Apples improve the condition of the liver and strengthen the stomach.
5. Eating apples and drinking milk on an empty stomach is beneficial for your health.
6. Apple juice has antibacterial properties.
7. Apples strengthen the teeth and gums.
8. Beneficial for those with dysentery, typhoid, tuberculosis, and cough.
9. Apple jam strengthens the heart and mind.
10. Apples sharpen the eyesight and memory.
11. They play a vital role in preventing gallstones.
12. They prevent cholesterol from rising.
13. Heating a raw apple and applying it on swollen areas can reduce inflammation.
14. According to a study, apples prevent every type of cancer.
15. Apple cider vinegar prevents hiccups, relieves sore throats, relieves colds, and helps control weight. 
Note: Only use medicines and remedies in consultation with your doctor.