Hadith for Children
The Best of Places
Mawlana Muhammad Jawayd Attari Madani
The final Prophet of Allah, our master Muhammad صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم said, خيرُ البِقَاعِ اَلْمَسَاجِدُ – “Masjids are the best of places.”
A masjid is described as a house of Allah, as actions are performed therein to please Him. These include prayer, remembrance, invoking peace and blessings upon the beloved Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم, reciting the noble Quran, and much more. These are places upon which the mercy of Allah descends, and where Muslims feel peace, safety and security.
Three masjids hold unique importance and distinction above all others. First is Makkah’s al-Masjid al-Ḥarām, then Madinah’s al-Masjid al-Nabawi, followed by the Muslim’s first qiblah, al-Masjid al-Aqṣā.
Dear children! Masjids are highly sacred and blessed places. It is important for us to always exhibit the best of etiquette towards them. Let us now discuss select manners we must show to the masjid and intend to act upon them.
* Enter the masjid with your right foot and leave with your left.
* When both entering and exiting, recite the prescribed supplications.
* Do not bring anything with a bad smell to the masjid. Wear clean clothes and perfume when visiting the masjid.
* Before bringing your shoes into the masjid, shake them outside. This ensures that no dirt or impurities are brought inside .
* Do not run, laugh loudly, or make a racket inside. As long as you are there, busy yourself with either offering prayer, remembering Allah Almighty, sending blessings upon the beloved Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم, reciting the noble Quran or any other good deed.
May Allah Almighty allow us to respect and show honour to masjids as they deserve! May He save us from ever disrespecting them!
اٰمِیْن بِجَاہِ النَّبِیِّ الْاَمِیْن صلَّی اللہ علیہ واٰلہٖ وسلَّم
 Ṣaḥīḥ ibn Ḥibbān: 1598