Book Name:Shan e Usman e Ghani
Dear Islamic brothers! Before listening to the Bayan, let’s make good intentions for attaining rewards. The Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم has said, ‘نِيَّةُ الۡمُؤۡمِنِ خَيۡرٌ مِّنۡ عَمَلِه’ The intention of a believer is better than his action.
(Al-Mu’jam-ul-Kabeer, vol. 6, pp. 185, Hadees 5942)
Two Madani pearls
§ Without a good intention, no reward is granted for a good deed.
§ The more righteous intentions one makes the greater reward he will attain.
Intentions of listening to the Bayan
1. Lowering my eyes, I will listen to the Bayan attentively.
2. Instead of resting against a wall etc., I will sit in Attahiyyaat position as long as possible with the intention of showing respect for religious knowledge.
3. I will make room for others by folding my hands and limbs and by moving slightly.
4. If someone pushes me, I will remain patient & calm and avoid staring, snapping, and arguing with them.
5. When I hear صَلُّوۡا عَلَى الۡحَبِيۡب, اُذۡكُرُوا اللّٰه, تُوۡبُوۡا اِلَي اللّٰه, etc., I will reply loudly with the intention of gaining reward and encouraging others to also recite.
6. After the Bayan, I will approach other people by making Salaam, shaking hands, and for making individual efforts upon them.
صَلُّوۡا عَلَى الۡحَبِيۡب صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد
Intentions of delivering the Bayan
1. I also make the intention that I would deliver this speech (Bayan) in order to seek the pleasure of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and for reaping the rewards.