Blessings of Makkah and Madinah
September 26,2016 - Published 3 years ago
Makkah-tul-Mukarramah and blessed Madinah, both are the holiest sites on the earth. One can guess the eminence and uniqueness of these great sites through this fact that the apparent and unapparent virtues that Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ has granted these holiest cities are only specialities of these blessed cities and are not bestowed upon any other city of the world and why, because the blessed ‘Sacred Baytullah’ which is the supreme place of worship of Muslims exists in blessed Makkah, and the Blessed Madinah Munawwarah is the city of the Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم .
اَلْـحَمْـدُ لـِلّٰـه عَزَّوَجَلَّ! These are the sacred sites whose admiration and virtues are even mentioned in the Glorious Quran:
اِنَّ اَوَّلَ بَیۡتٍ وُّ ضِعَ لِلنَّاسِ لَلَّذِیۡ بِبَکَّۃَ مُبٰرَ کًا وَّ ہُدًی لِّلۡعٰلَمِیۡنَ
Translation from Kanz-ul-Iman: Indeed the first house that was appointed as a place of worship for mankind, is the one at Makkah (the Holy Ka’bah), blessed and a guidance to the whole world.
(Part 4, Surah Aal-e-‘Imran, Ayah 96)
وہاں پیارا کعبہ یہاں سبز گنبد وہ مکّہ بھی میٹھا تو پیارا مدینہ
میں مکےّ میں جا کر کروں گا طوا ف اور نصیب آبِ زم زم مجھے ہو گا پینا
The land of beloved Makkah has attained the great honour of possessing the holy Baytullah on its sacred land. If the city of Makkah had only this honour, even then too it would be sufficient for its greatness and dignity, but may I be scarified, this luminous city has so many virtues and characteristics that I would like to continue mentioning them.
* At many places it has sacred and memorable Masaajid, wells, caves, constructions and shrines etc. which have a relation with the Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم and his blessed Companions رَضِىَ الـلّٰـهُ تَـعَـالٰی عَـنْـهُم .
* The Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم was born in Makkah Mukarramah.
* The Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم began his preaching of Islam from Makkah Mukarramah.
* The Holy Ka’bah is located here; Tawaaf of the Sacred Ka’bah is performed here and Muslims all over the world face this direction in Salah.
* Masjid-ul-Haram is situated here in which the reward of one Salah is equal to one hundred thousand Salahs.
* The well of Zam Zam water is located here.
* Hajar-e-Aswad is present here.
* Maqaam-e-Ibraheem is located here.
* Safa-o-Marwah is located here.
* Those who arrive from outside the Meeqat cannot enter Makkah without wearing the Ihram.
* The Cave Hira lies here in which the Holy Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم received the first revelation
* The miracle of Mi’raaj-un-Nabi was revealed in this city.
* The miracle of the splitting of the moon into two pieces also took place in this city.
* The Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم spent 53 years of his blessed [apparent] life here.
* Sayyiduna Imam Mahdi will arrive in blessed Makkah.
(‘Aashiqan-e-Rasool ki 130 Hikayaat, pp.200)
What can we say about the greatness and the honour of sacred Madinah, that neither Dajjaal nor any fatal disease like plague can enter this blessed city because the innocent angels of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ are placed on the roads of blessed Madinah by the order of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and they will definitely not let any plague nor Dajjaal enter this beautiful and radiant city of Madinah. The Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم has said: There are angels (guards) along the paths of Madinah, therefore, plague and Dajjaal will not enter it.
(Sahih Bukhari, vol. 1, pp. 619, Hadees 1880)
Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ has blessed Makkah and Madinah with many distinctive features. Makkah and Madinah are sacred cities which Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ has mentioned in the Holy Quran. Furthermore, an oath on the name of Makkah has been stated in one place. There is a good news of intercession on behalf of those who die in Madinah Munawwarah, as is mentioned in a blessed Hadees. Upon his return from a journey, when the Beloved Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم arrived to blessed Madinah, then due to the love of Madinah, he صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would increase the speed of his transport. Ameer-ul-Mu`mineen, Sayyiduna ‘Umar Farooq-e-A’zam رَضِىَ اللهُ تَعَالٰی عَـنْهُ would make Du’a for Shahadat (martyrdom) in blessed Madinah. Madinah Munawwarah will remain safe from the disease of plague. Makkah and Madinah will remain safe from the evil Dajjaal. Madinah Munawwarah is the unique furnace that purifies and cleans people. Islamic Scholars رَحِمَهُمُ الـلّٰـهُ تَـعَالٰی have declared it a sin and Haraam to call Madinah Munawwarah ‘Yasrib’.
When a Muslim goes to Madinah with the intention to visit, then angels welcome him with the gifts of blessings.
(Jazb-ul-Quloob, pp. 211)
* The Noblest Rasool صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would intercede for the person who dies in Madinah.
* The person who enters Masjid-un-Nabawi in the state of Wudu and offers Salah there will get Sawab of one Hajj.
* To offer one Salah in Masjid-un-Nabawi is equal to 50,000 Salahs.
(Sunan Ibn Majah, vol. 2, pp. 176, Hadees, 1413)
* The mausoleum of the Beloved Mustafa صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is situated in Madinah Munawwarah where 70 thousand angels pay their visit in the morning and evening every day.
(Aashiqan-e-Rasool ki 130 Hikayaat, pp. 259-262)
رہیں اُن کے جلوے بسیں اُن کے جلوے
مِرا دل بنے یادگارِ مدینہ
May Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ also enable us to see beautiful Makkah and sweet Madinah for the sake of those fortunate ones who perform Hajj and ‘Umrah!
اٰمِيۡن بِجَاهِ النَّبِيِّ الۡاَمِيۡن صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيۡهِ وَاٰلِه وَسَلَّم
صَلُّوۡا عَلَى الۡحَبِيۡب صَلَّى اللّٰهُ تَعَالٰى عَلٰى مُحَمَّد
ALLAH PAK DAWATEISLAMI KO HAMESHA QAIM RAKHY
Allah bless Dawet e Islami and Ameer E Ahle Sunnat............. ameen
Thanks for the blessed teachings