Basic Information About Islam
November 22,2017 - Published 1 year ago
What is Islam?
Islam is a religion. It is one of the most followed religions on the globe with its adherents living almost everywhere in the world. The followers of this religion are called Muslims. Amazingly enough it is not religion of a single race, place or culture nor is it only for a particular age. From Africans to Europeans and Asians anyone can be a Muslim. From Asia to America in anyplace Muslims can be seen practicing their faith.
The Prophet of Islam
Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم is theProphet of Islam. He صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم is the last and final of all the Prophets عَلَیْہِمُ السَّلَام.It was by dint of his beautiful character that he impressed the people and even worst of his enemies could not help embracing Islam. It is reported regarding his noble character “The Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم did not swear at anyone, nor was He rude, nor did He curse anyone. “He was embodiment of kindness and mercy and why not when His creator willed him to be like this. The holy Quran says, “we did not send you but as a mercy to whole universe.”
He was a generous person who always cared for needy people. If someone asked him for something and he possessed that thing at that time he would never say no to him. Jabir b. Abdullah رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہ says, “The Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم did not refuse to give anything which he had to someone if he asked for it”. Anas bin Malik رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہ said: ‘The Messenger of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ was never asked for something when a person accepted Islam, except that he granted that person what he asked. A man came to the Prophetصلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلمand he gave him a herd of sheep that was grazing between two mountains. The man returned to his people and said: ‘O my people accept Islam! Muhammadصلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلمgives out generously like one who does not fear poverty’.
The Book of Islam
The book of Islam is theHoly Quran. It is word of ALLAH عَزَّ وَجَلَّ From the very first day of its revelation till today no one can distort it. Unlike the other revelations which were distorted by their followers, the Holy Quran is secure and is in its original form and by the promise of Almighty Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ it will remain secure from every kind of distortion and manipulation till theDay of Judgment.
The Important Beliefs in Islam
The following beliefs are very essential. We will mention them with a brief detail.
1. Belief in Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ : Muslims believe in one God. Only He deserves to be worshiped. No one is His partner.
2. Belief in Angels: Angels are the creation of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ and they are created by light (nur). They are humble servants of Almighty Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ who carry out His commandments.
3. Belief in Prophets of God: Almighty Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ chooses whomsoever He wills as his Prophet and that Prophet communicates the Divine message to his bondmen. Adamعَلَیْہِ الصَّلَاۃ ُوَالسَّلَام. is the first of all the Prophets while Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم is the last and final Prophet. There can never be any Prophet after him. Some other Prophets mentioned in the Holy Quran are Nooh (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Moosa (Moses) and Isa (Jesus) عَلَیْہِم الصَّلَاۃ ُوَالسَّلَام. All of them came with the same message of oneness of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ and that only He عَزَّ وَجَلَّ is the worthy of worship.
4. Belief in Revealed Books of God: Muslims believe in the divine revelation. The Holy Quran is last book of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ free and protected from every forgery and distortion. All the books given to the Prophets before the beloved Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم are not found in their original form.
5. Belief in Day of Judgment: Muslims believe in the Day of Judgment when everyone will be resurrected. It will be the day of accountability.
6. Belief in Destiny and Divine Decree: Muslims believe in destiny, that is everything good or bad has been written by Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ according to His eternal knowledge—whatever was going to happen and whoever was going to do whatever, He عَزَّ وَجَلَّ knew through His knowledge and the same He wrote.
The Basic Tenets of Islam
The above mentioned six articles are thebasic beliefs. If we come to bringing the faith into practice then there are five actions which are called thepillars of Islam. They are as follows:
1. The Declaration of Faith
3. Zakat (Alms giving)
5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah)
Teachings of Islam
At the end let’s read some of the core teaching of Islam which shape an individual’s personality in Islam and thus make a society a better living place.
• ALLAH عَزَّ وَجَلَّ will not show mercy to him who does not show mercy to others
• The best house among the Muslims houses is the one which contains an orphan who is well treated, and the worst house among the Muslims is the one which contains an orphan who is badly treated.
• Among lawful things divorce is most hated by Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ .
• Some people asked Allah’s Messenger صلی اللہ علیہ واٰلہ وسلم , “Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?” He replied, “One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands.