Path to Piety
Deeds Leading to Paradise
Mawlana Muhammad Nawaz Attari Madani
The hadith describe many deeds and virtuous acts which lead to Paradise.
Performing Wudu properly and offering two units of salah
1. The Muslim who performs wudu properly and then prays two units of salah with complete focus, Paradise is guaranteed for him.
Reciting Surah al-Ikhlāṣ
2. Sayyidunā Abū Hurayrah رَضِىَ الـلّٰـهُ عَـنْهُ states, “I was once going somewhere with the beloved Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم when, hearing someone recite Surah al-Ikhlāṣ, he remarked, ‘It has become necessary.’ I asked, ‘What has become necessary?’ He replied, ‘Paradise.’”
Reciting the last few verses of Surah al-Ḥashr
3. Whoever recited the last ˹three˺ verses of Surah al-Ḥashr at night or during the day, and dies on the same night or day, Paradise is assured for that person.
Financially supporting an orphan
4. If a person takes financial care of an orphan whose parents were Muslims to the extent that the orphan becomes self-sufficient, then Paradise becomes obligatory for that person.
Five actions in one day
5. Whoever performed the Friday prayer, fasted on that day, visited a sick person, participated in a funeral prayer, and attended a marriage ceremony, Paradise becomes obligatory for him.
Another narration mentions:
6. Whoever began the day of Friday in a state of fasting, visited a patient, witnessed a funeral and gave charity has made paradise obligatory upon himself.
3 Acts that necessitate Paradise
7. The grandfather of Sayyidunā Miqdām b. Shurayḥ رَضِىَ الـلّٰـهُ عَـنْهُ, Sayyidunā Hānī رَضِىَ الـلّٰـهُ عَـنْهُ enquired from the beloved Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم, "Messenger of Allah صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم! Tell me of a thing that will guarantee Paradise for me?"
He replied, “Feeding people, spreading salām, and speaking well are acts that guarantee Paradise.”
Leading a blind person 40 steps
8. Paradise will become obligatory for the one who leads a blind person 40 steps.