Manners of Visiting Masjid
February 22,2018 - Published 2 years ago
Masjid is a sacred place where Muslims offer prayers and do other worships to attain the pleasure of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ.It is a respectful place and it is said in a Hadees that Masjid is a house of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ. We go to Masjid to offer our Salah we should learn the manners of visiting Masjid because if we don’t learn these manners it is possible we go for earning reward but instead of reward we come back with sins. The Masjid shouldn’t echo with sounds of ‘what’ ‘oi’, and noise of laughter, this is impermissible. Remember, even a Mu’takif is not allowed to speak about worldly matters unnecessarily. Sayyiduna Hasan Basri رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that the Rasool of Rahmah, the Intercessor of Ummah صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّمَ has said:
· يَأۡتِيۡ عَلَي النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ يَكُوۡنُ حَدِيۡثُهُمۡ فِيۡ مَسَاجِدِ هِمۡ فِيۡ اَمۡرِ دُنۡيَاهُمۡ فَلا تُجَالِسُوۡهُمۡ فَلَيۡسَ لِلّٰهِ فِيۡهِمۡ حَاجَةٌ
· Upon people, a time will come when they will talk about worldly matters in Masajid. Do not sit with them, for they have nothing to do with Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ.
· (Shu’ab-ul-Iman, vol. 3, pp. 87, Hadees 2962)
· Allamah Ali Qaari رَحْمَۃُ اللہِ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ has narrated with the reference of Shaykh Ibn Humaamرَحْمَۃُ اللہِ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ:
· اَلۡكَلَامُ الۡمُبَاحُ فِي الۡمَسۡجِدِ مَكۡرُوۡهٌ يَاكُلُ الۡحَسَنَاتِ
· Permissible talk in the Masjid is Makruh and ruins good deeds.
· (Mirqat-ul-Mafatih, vol. 2, pp. 449)
· Sayyiduna Anas Bin Maalik رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ has narrated that the Rasool of mankind, the Peace of our heart and mind, the most Generous and Kind صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہٖ وَسَلَّمَ has said:
· اَلضِّحۡكُ فِي الۡمَسۡجِد ظُلۡمَةٌ فِي الۡقَبۡرِ
· Laughing in the Masjid causes darkness in the grave.
· (Al-Jami’-us-Sagheer, pp. 322, Hadees 5231)
Here are few manners of visiting Masjid:
·If the time is not makrooh then offer two rakat nafal prayer as tahiaat ul masjid.
·Trading is not allowed in the Masjid.
· Do not cry or speak loudly in the Masjid to find out a lost belonging.
·Do not loud your voice except for the Zikar of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ.
·Avoid worldly conversations in the Masjid.
·Do not cross upon people in the Masjid.
·Do not quarrel with people for place.
·Do not sit in a manner that narrow place for other people.
·Do not cross a person who is offering prayer.
·Do not spit in Masjid.
·Keep the Masjid clean from dirt, children and abnormal person.
·Do zikar of Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ abundantly in the Masjid.
·It is disliked to eat or drink in the Masjid but only for the person who has intentions of aitkaaf in the Masjid.
·It is not allowed to use Masjid as a way of passing.
·It is disliked to climb on the roof of Masjid but if there is no place for prayer downstairs then one can offer prayer at roof.
·It is disliked to enter in the Masjid while wearing shoes.
·Do not enter in the Masjid with bad breath as it is not allowed.
·Do not eat uncooked onion or such any other thing before going to Masjid.
·Do not take any raw material in the Masjid which gives bad smell.
· Keep your mobile turned off or silent mode during your stay in the Masjid.
May Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ enable us to respect the Masjid and to go to Masjid abundantly!
ماشاء اللہ عزّوجل