Book Name:Tauba karnay walon kay liye inamaat
Sunan and manners of wearing an ‘Imamah (Turban)
Let’s listen to Sunnahs and manners of tying an ‘Imamah from the booklet of Ameer-e-Ahl-e-Sunnat دَامَـتْ بَـرَكَـاتُـهُـمُ الْـعَـالِـيَـه namely ‘163 Madani Phool’:
First of all, two sayings of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم:
1. 2 Rak’aat of Salah performed whilst wearing an ‘Imamah are better than offering 70 Rak’aat without wearing an ‘Imamah.’
(Al-Firdaus-ul-Akhbar, vol. 2, pp. 265, Hadees 3233)
2. ‘Imamah on a Topi (hat) is a difference between us and the unbelievers; for every furl that a Muslim makes on his head, a Noor will be granted to him on the Day of Judgement. (Al-Jami’-us-Sagheer, pp. 353, Hadees 5725)
3. Tie the ‘Imamah whilst standing, facing the Qiblah. (Kashf-ul-Iltibas fis-Tihbab-il-Libas lish-Shaykh ‘Abdul Haq Dihlvi, pp. 38)
4. The Sunnah of the ‘Imamah is that it should not be shorter than 2½ yards (2.28 meters) in length, nor should it be longer than 6 yards (5 meters), and it should be tied in a dome-like fashion. (Fatawa Razawiyyah, vol. 22, pp. 186)
5. If you have a large kerchief with which you can produce enough folds to cover the whole head, then it will be considered as an ‘Imamah.
6. It is Makruh to bind a small kerchief with which one can only produce one or two folds. (Fatawa Razawiyyah – referenced, vol. 7, pp. 299)
7. If the ‘Imamah has to be tied again, then it should be untied in the way it was tied, it should not be thrown on the ground at all, the first time.
8. If the ‘Imamah is to be taken off out of some need and there is the intention of binding it again, then one sin will be erased on untying each fold. (Fatawa Razawiyyah, vol. 6, pp. 214)
9. Please listen to five medical benefits of wearing an ‘Imamah: