Book Name:Madani Wasiyat Nama
Method of Burial and Shrouding
Masnun shroud for man
(1) Lifāfaĥ (2) Izār (3) Qamīṣ
Masnun shroud for woman
In addition to the above three parts, woman’s shroud contains two more parts: (4) Breast-cover, (5) Head-cover.
(Like women, the eunuch with ambiguous gender should also be shrouded in five pieces of clothes. However, a silk-shroud or the one dyed with safflower or saffron is not permissible for such a eunuch.) (Derived from: Baĥār-e-Sharī’at, vol. 1, pp. 817, 819; ‘Ālamgīrī, vol. 1, pp. 160, 161)
Details regarding the shroud
1. Lifāfaĥ: The Lifāfaĥ shawl should be somewhat longer than the size of the deceased so that it can be tied at both ends.
2. Izār: It should be as long as is the size of the deceased from the top of the head to the feet. That is, the Izār should be as much smaller than the Lifāfaĥ as much part of the Lifāfaĥ was required for tying it at both ends.
3. Qamīṣ: Being the same from the front and the back, the Qamīṣ should be long enough to cover the body area from
* i.e. in accordance with Sunnaĥ